9/24/09

The curious blossoming of 2.0

Yesterday, I spoke to my lawyer.

Great guy, funny and pretty smart.

He was supposed to send me an email a couple of days ago, but I hadn't received it and therefore I called.

He explained that the reason why I hadn't got it, was because his assistant wasn't working on Wednesdays.

That puzzled me. Didn't get the link between "not sending me the email" and "my assistant is off on Wednesdays".

Understanding that his explanation didn't bring any light, he added: "well, I did dictate the email but she probably hadn't enough time to listen to the tape on tuesday".

Wow.

He dictates his emails.
On a small tape recorder.

Left me speechless.

Marketing moral: when working in a technology company, be it a start-up or a maturer innovative company, one shouldn't forget how immersed in technology we are, how much we love it and how most our counterparts are very much less in it. Forgetting this simple fact can annihilate the most brilliant marketing strategy we can come up with.
Even our most adventurous early-bird customer is probably not as "geek" as we are. Not to mention the more conservative ones.

Later that very same day, one of my beloved teens called me "Hey Mum, just received an hilarious text on my mobile", she said and explained: "it said do u wanna date me? answer quick. And you know what? I didn't recognize the phone number - I had to text back who R U!"

Yeah, 2.0 is oddly blossoming... :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne, did you remember the smell when you got to court: Old papers, old wood, dust...Even if lawyers should be "in" they unfortunately work everyday beside an old and dusty "grandma": Justice...
    I got smiled when I read you comment about ur Lawyer, it's absolutely true, its remind me mine! Maybe they still can't open them mind to this new world ...You get a new Challenge Anne : introduce some "marketing" and communication in this field!
    Anyway there is also some charms with old woods,old rocks...and more if there's mix of old and modern...
    Fred , An old and dusty friend!!
    f.vilallonga@laposte.net

    ReplyDelete